Strong as a mother
As parents, our little ones are only going to get bigger. And heavier. Everyday we’re lifting, twisting, pushing and pulling a wriggly, growing weight. We need bodies we can rely on. Postnatal assessments provide surety that what you’re doing is making your body stronger, rather than weaker. The assessment helps identify any weak spots, from which we prescribe exercises and stretches, or advise on specialist treatment. Each assessment is personalised to you, so we can specifically focus on any niggles you may be experiencing, assess your capacity to return to certain fitness classes or sports, provide exercises to reduce stomach muscle separation. I have worked with women 6 weeks post-birth and those who had their children several years ago. I have also encouraged clients to seek specialist diagnosis, and helped uncover an umbilical hernia, as well as working with those with prolapses and after hernia operations.
You’ll leave feeling more confident and in control.
Some of the reasons why women invest in postnatal assessments:
- I’ve just had my baby and I want to get back into exercise as quickly as possible, but also in a way that’s safe for my body.
- I’ve got more than one baby and my body isn’t recovering as fast as it did before! I want to know what steps I need to take to resolve this.
- I don’t want a personal trainer, but I would like to know where my weak areas lie and how I can work on this in my own time.
I would never have realised I had a hernia without this!* KR, mum of two
- Screening questions prior to one-to-one assessment
Assessment (1.5 hours)
- Background history discussion
- Core Assessment (I’ll check for diastasis and core integrity in several positions)
- Posture Analysis (improving posture can help reduce various aches and pains including lower back and upper back tension)
- Releases (it’s hard to strengthen until you’ve released any tension)
- Repair & Strength (I’ll take you through all the areas which have been weakened by your pregnancy and how to restrength these areas)
- Personalised stretches and exercises
- 30 minute review 6 weeks later
- Your very own full-colour eBook with your prescribed stretches and exercise program for you to do at home
Cost is £125.
If you’d like to book in a session or ask any questions, please get in touch
* I leave the diagnosis to specialists but it was apparent when we checked for a diastasis that something didn’t feel quite right.